Coffee the one thing that can brighten up a lousy morning and muffins are the one thing that can perk me up anytime :-) so last weekend I decided to whip up a batch of coffee muffins good enough to satisfy the cake-a-holic in me!
1.5 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 stick of butter (soft at room temp)
1 cup milk
1.5 tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of instant coffee powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder and sugar with a fork.
3. Separate the yellows and whites of the 3 eggs into 2 bowls.
4. Beat the egg yellows, butter until light yellow in color.
5. Mix the milk and instant coffee until well dissolved.
6. Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy.
7. Mix everything except the egg whites together in the large bowl until smooth.
8. Slowly fold in the egg whites with a large spoon or spatula until whole mixture is combined.
9. Butter the muffin tin and dust with flour.
10. Pour out 1 the mixture into the muffin/cupcake tin and bake for 20 min at 350 deg.