Rava -1 cup
Rice flour - 1 cup
All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1 finger length piece chopped
Green chilies - 2-3 chopped
Curry leaves - 4-5
Onion - 1 big chopped
Cashew nuts - chopped small
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Salt - to taste
1. Mix all the ingredients except the chopped onion with 5 glasses of water. The batter should be the consistency of buttermilk.
2. Heat the tava very well amd rub it with oil.
3. Sprinkle the chopped onion on the tava according to taste.
4. Sprinkle the batter on the tava like watering plants.
5. Rava dosa takes double the time of a normal dosa to get crisp.
6. Once one side has become cooked rub on some melted ghee and flip it over.