Serves: 4 people
Parippu (dal) -1.5 cups
Cheera (Spinach) - 1 bunch
Coconut - 1 cup grated
Onion - 1 big chopped
Chilly powder - 1/5 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - few
Salt to taste
1. The dal has to be soaked in wtaer for abt 1 hr before using. Will help in geting cooked easily.
2. Wash and rinse the spinach leaves thoroughly and chop them into small pieces.
3. Add the spinach and dal into a pressuer cooker. Add salt and half chilly powder and turmeric powder into. Allow it to cook for 2-3 whistles.
4. By then sputter some mustard seeds in a pan. Sautee the onions till tehy become brown add the remining salt , chilly powder and turmeric powder to this.
5. Add the shredded coconut to this. Cook for 2 mins.
6. Add the cooked parippu and cheera mix to this. Mix it well with the onions and coconut.
7. Let it cook for about 2 mins and then its done! :-)